Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Mad Men 1950's themed wedding style shoot at Noor

I was so excited when I was asked to be a part of this mid century Mad Men themed shoot by my favorite gal Sara at MacKenzie Marketing & Design. Every shoot she does is incredible and always blends the talents of the best of the best in the wedding industry. The styled shoot took place at the fabulous and prestigious noor in Pasadena. What an awesome backdrop! I hope to do more events there soon!

The color palette was turquoise, yellow, silver, white and black - blending old Hollywood with a touch of Mad Men flair. Since I LOVE watching the show, the ideas just started flowing. I was inspired by the clean simple lines of mid century furniture with the soft and flowing curves of women's dresses of that era. I designed the invitations with soft silver fonts blending clean simple text with a more relaxed "hand-written" cursive font. I had them printed on an off-white shimmer card stock and mounted them on a bright turquoise card stock. The envelopes were a rich silver shimmer lined with a gorgeous silver starburst pattern. I used the same "hand written" silver font to print the addresses on the envelopes. It's a nice way to get the look of calligraphy and a lot of my clients are choosing this style for their invitations.


The menus and place cards were designed with this same elegant style which worked wonderfully with the fabulous turquoise and yellow chevron sequined table linen by La Tavola. The table was set with gorgeous silver accents and kept this clean mid-century look throughout.

I could go on and on about the gorgeous dresses, exquisite jewelry, jaw dropping desserts dripping in crystals but instead I'm going to let these fabulous pictures from Randi Marie Photography speak for themselves. And check out the video below captured by the talented Matrimony Films.






Wedding Consultant: Laura Lorraine Design


Bridal Shoes: Disco Toes
Wedding Jewelry: Crush Jewelry
Accessories: Sandra Nicole Designs
Wedding Dress Designer: Alina Pizzano Bridal Couture
Linen: La Tavola
Invitations: Paper Scissors Print
Reception Site: Noor
Wedding Cake: Cake Goodness
Makeup Artist: Blush Makeup Artistry
Hair Stylist: Hair.Ya.Go
Floral Designer: Savvy Flowers


No comments: